Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 2, 2010

What do you want me to do Lord?

Sometimes, in the midst of our busy life, you get to have a moment of silence and reflection.
Minsan ang dami nating gustong gawin. We want things to be done all at once! As if we're trying to beat the deadline (deadline for what?). We force ourselves to work for something that is really not worth it. Something that will benefit our desire. Something that will win the approval of those people around us.

I've come to a realization lately. Realization about the things I thought I'm doing for Him. I normally read His Word and try to get the thought of it and forward an SMS to my friends, officemates and even to random people. My goal is for them to know Christ and God's love. I'm so happy every time I get the chance to send those messages to my friends. Hoping that they too, can feel God's love. But somehow, my feelings toward it has changed. I think God is telling me something. He's telling me that I'm not doing it right. That my purpose for doing it is slowly changing.

I've asked myself, "am I doing it for my friends to know and start a relationship with Christ or am I doing it for them to know that I'm a good Christian or am I doing it to prove to myself that I'm doing what I thought is pleasing in His eyes..." A lot of question has popped-up in my head. I feel guilty too. God made me realized that what I'm doing is not pleasing to Him anymore..

I talked to my friend. She told me that sometimes we thought that doing this "religious" stuff is always pleasing in God's sight.
She said that we need to be righteous NOT religious.

Sometimes even the things we do for our Lord is being used by the enemy to mislead us. We need to armed ourselves with His Word and to constantly speak to Him. I'm still wondering what does God want me to do.. Lately I've been thinking of ways on how I can please God. But I think what He really wants is for me to completely trust and believe His promises.

I'm still struggling. But with prayers and God's help, I know I will become what He wanted me to be..



No comments:

Post a Comment