Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 6, 2010

Life's purpose

I wanted to be an aircraft technician.
I want to study a different language.
I want to sponsor a child
I want to travel.
I want to teach kids.
I want to....... the list could go on & on.

Isn't it obvious that I wanted to accomplish a lot in my life? Well I do!
Before I became a Christian, all I wanted to do is to earn money, travel to different places, buy the coolest gadgets, have the latest clothes. Everything that money can buy!
But then I've come to realize that as soon as I'm done with the first one, I will not feel contented and most probably I will desire to accomplish some other things more!
Plus the fact that some of my "wordly" plans are quite hard to accomplish not to mention expensive too!

Now, my only and greatest desire is to serve God (please don't smirk on me like that). It may sound absurd, but my love for Him is much greater now than my love for this world.

I can't hardly believe myself for thinking like this now. Sometimes I often ask myself "are you sure you wanna do that?!" but I know He is speaking to my heart and He wanted me to show everybody His greatness. My life's purpose is NOT to work for this world. No. But to follow His desire and to harvest as many souls as possible.

Sometimes life could be really tough. Very unpredictable. But as long as we remain with our purpose and to stay firm with our faith with God, be sure that everything will be fine.

Even today I still feel confused on what should I do first. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed! I wanted to accomplish everything ASAP! But I know God is telling me to slow down. To stay put. To wait for his GO signal. Sometimes we taught that it's His voice that speaking to us, but beware, sometimes it's the enemy's voice! So don't be deceived. Listen to Him carefully and faithfully. You'll know your life's purpose. And I hope that you & I can both accomplish it for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment