Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 8, 2010

Trials are meant to happen... Part 1



Last night was a very exciting night, it was my first time attending a bible study class after a very long time (I think the last time I attended such activity was way back elementary days, imagine that. lol). My friend Badet invited me to join her. It was held on Word of Hope, in front of SM North Edsa.

I was not completely sure whether I could attend or not. My heart says YES, but my mind, because of its natural function which is to think, kept me from thinking about my obligations.
Obligations from my self, and from my job. Obligations from my self includes resting and sleeping. I'm still suffering from backache and I haven't gotten any sleep yet because me and my mom has been out since 9am that day. Obligations from work, of course I need to be there.

But because my heart is stronger than my mind (I know right! lol), I decided to attend the bible study and just skip my work (2nd day.. aww) for that night.
Lack of sleep plus backaches really prevented me from working that night. But good thing, it doesn't prevent me from going to that bible study. I just thought that its easier for me to earn money, than to earn the knowledge I needed to grow more closer to God. Plus, I know that whatever happens, God will provide...

First day of the bible study class and I was late. I blamed the traffic going to Monumento and the vehicles too! I really hated Samson road. It's a nightmare!
The topic for that night was all about growing through trials and persecutions. It was really in time for my experience. It was like meant for me.

The facilitator for that night was Pastor Edgar. There was like 10 of us there. No teenagers, mostly adults. I was happy to see that there are still people out there that are willing to spend their time for such activity. Committed to learn more about God's good news.

Let me share to you some of the things that we've discussed during our bible study.
I hope this could help you to realize that our problems are just part of our growth, and that God uses them for us to be stronger.

Growing through trials and persecutions

Introduction:
No one is immune to problems. Everyone does have problems of all sorts. Much as you do not not welcome them, problems are important for growth. Understanding God's purposes for trials and persecutions will help you continue your journey towards growth.

Understanding trials and persecutions
1. Trials or testings
* In order for us to grow, God will give us tests to see whether we've learn something in our stay here on earth. He will use those to see whether we can withstand great pressure that will prove our strength that comes from our relationship with God.

2. Persecution
* There will be times that people around you will insult or make fun of you because of your faith in God. They may not like the positive changes that are happening in your life. Your devotion to Christ may earn you the insults and ridicules of people, even those who are close to you. Although those may weaken you, just stay focus on your goal in serving and knowing God. He'll make sure that whatever insults or persecutions you experience here on earth, will be rewarded in His kingdom.

Benefits of going through trials
1. Trials and persecutions are part of growing.
*Problems are but normal occurrences in life. It is therefore, not unusual for a Christian to experience trials and persecutions. It is inevitable in the growing process.

2. Trials and persecutions happen for a purpose.
* No character in the Bible who had experienced great victory without trials and persecutions. God will work out something good out of your bad situations. Don't let problems discourage you from being close to God. Don't let it pull you down.

3. Trials and persecutions polish your character.
* God intends that all of God's children be like His Son Jesus Christ. He develops this "Christlikeness" in you through trials and persecutions. Every problem that comes your ways is an opportunity to build a better you.

I'll be posting the other things that we have discussed in our bible study on the next blog I'm gonna be creating. For a meantime, just try to concentrate first on those topics that I have posted now so that we could understand God's purposes better.

Remember, trials are meant to help you, not to destroy you. It may sound ironic, but all we need to have is a positive attitude towards everything. God is a god of love. He'll never abandon us. God bless everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment