Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 6, 2010

God & Gov - Week 3

"When we do our part as citizens, we can make a difference in our society"

I just got home from work and church service at VFC (Victory Christian Fellowship) in Galleria. I always look forward on Sunday because this is one of the days in the week were in I could express my faith and praise to our Lord God (not that I don't express it in my daily activities, its just that I feel more free to do it with my fellow Christians / believers). I encourage you to try going to a different church and discover what it can do for your life too.

Anyway, the service for this week is about God & the Government, which is also in time for the upcoming election. It's actually the 3rd and final week of this topic.
It is about our government (and any other government of this world) being under the guidance of our almighty Father.

It is true that without God's guidance and control over our government, our nation may be in the pit of division and destruction. If the leaders of this country does not fear and believe God, then, they won't fear or believe anything else except for themselves.

I sometimes feel hopeless for our country. Just look where we at right now, look what the previous administration did to our country. I sometimes feel that I don't care about our country or to our government or who'll be the next leader will be. But, like what the pastor said earlier in his preaching, there is always hope for our country. We must not stop praying for this country to change. That this country will be the chosen country of our Lord.

I always wanted to leave and move to a different country. I don't want to work here anymore because I have this thought in mind that I will not get rich here, that whatever I do, this country cannot provide me the things I needed. But, I came to realize that it's not all about gaining money, or being rich. My country needs me. My country needs someone who can be loyal and passionate about her, someone that cares enough to make a difference for her, despite of her shortcomings, despite of her failure, despite of whatever she cannot provide to me. We only got one country, and she needs us more than anyone else in this world.

Even though we may see our country as an imperfect one, we too are imperfect in some way, so instead of condemning or abandoning her, this is the right time for us to work together in order to bring peace and unity to this country.


No comments:

Post a Comment