Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our God-Father, Provider

Sunday, my favorite day of the week. Not because it's my rest day, or because it's supposed to be "family day" but because it is the time were I could spend time with my Church, friends & to hear His word. He trully blessed this day.

Every Sunday, after work, I always go to GCF (Greenhills Christian Fellowship) to attend my DIscovery class. But even though I love attending church services and mingle with my fellow brothers & sisters, my heart is always half-hearted in attending the class(I think it's the enemy's way to disctract me). There's this desire in me to just skip it. Like I'm always feeling lazy to attend. But thanks to God's grace, I never miss any of my class! I know He wanted me to take it so that I could be equipped. He always helped we won the temptation & evil desires.

Discovery class is amazing. My teachers (Deacon Dan & Teacher Thelma) are great! God has really given them wisdom to discern and explain His words to each student. I love to hear their experiences. I love be surrounded with wise & responsible adults.They are my motivation. I want to be like them someday.

VCF Sunday never fails to energize me. I remember Pstr. Shaddy's words to my friend when we heard His preaching.. "It keeps on getting better" and indeed, my experience with God, my relationship, is getting better and better every single day!

Last night's preaching was ministered by Pstr Chinkee Tan. VCF center was jam packed! He preached about the series "Overflowing". It talks about God's generosity, His unlimited blessings and how we should ask God.

The service is AMAZING. It is so in time with what I'am facing right now. I really felt that God has re-assured me that nothing is too hard for Him to provide. We only have to ask Him and He will surely give it. He is not only WILLING, but also ABLE.

Pstr Chinkee Tan aslo emphasize that when we ask God, we have to be specific. We have to have the FAITH. Ask Him like child asking a Father.

Some of us are hesitant in asking God for something. Maybe because we are ashame, doubful or impatient. Ashame because we keep on sinning and we thought that God will not grant our prayers. Sin creates a gap between us & God. Sin makes us more dependent on ourselves rather than God's. Some of us are doubtful. Always thinking that God can never supply us the things we need. We always thought that God has a limit. And most of us are impatient. We don't like to wait. We'd take the first step in accomplishing or getting what we need, rather than waiting for God's perfect timing.

Those are only some of the reasons why we don't call upon God for help. But remember, if you are a child of God, you would know that our Father is generous and concerned with our concern. If our earthly father works 5 times a week, if he prioritize the needs of his children more than his own, and if he cares about you, what more is our Heavenly Father? He is our only provider.

I walked out of VCF full of happiness in my heart and a renewed faith. Words cannot express my gratitude for Him. He's just awesome in every way!

Let me just share this verse from the Gospel of Matthew. If you have any doubt that God can provide you your needs, rely on this verse.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him" - Matthew 7:9-11

2 comments: